The first park in Planty was created by the Weapons Factory between A. Dowkontta/Ks. J. Poniatowskiego Street and the railroad tracks. Its originator and founder was the factory director, engineer Kazimierz Ołdakowski. As a connoisseur of nature, he selected the trees and bushes for planting himself.
The area of the present park, according to early 19th century maps, was a shallow river valley with grassy pastures through which the South Stream flowed. The beginnings of the Planty park are connected with the plans of building boulevards for the residents of Radom, especially the housing estate near the Weapon Factory. The boulevards were to stretch along the stream from R. Traugutta Street to Starokrakowska Street (today’s B. Limanowskiego Street). However, due to severe pollution of the creek and unpleasant odour, their construction was abandoned. In 1927, the creek in this section was put into an underground channel, the area around it was drained and unevenness was levelled by fertilising the soil. The beginnings of landscaping in this area and the first tree plantings took place in the 1930s. and they were connected with arranging green areas between individual buildings of the estate. One of the old trees preserved to this day, growing in the immediate vicinity of the park, is a plane tree located at the rear of the former casino of the Weapons Factory.
In 1949, the planting and laying out of alleys began. The park was created in stages – starting from Traugutta Street, towards Sedlaka Street.